Advice on Cary CD Players or other options.

I own a Cary SLI-80 paired with Sonus Faber Grand Piano Homes cabled with all Audience Au24. I recently sold my Cary CD-308 in the process of upgrading to a second hand Cary CD-303/200.

I have now read a few comments (forward sounding,lacking low end authority) that is making me re-think this purchase as it will be my main source. I would be very open to suggestions on what I should be looking at used for $1500.00.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
128x128the_kid
I use Cary SLI-80 with AU 24 and just upgraded my 303/100 to 303/200. I am very happy with it. I loved the 303/100 but it had just ever so slight hint of grain. That is gone with 303/200. And it's fun to play with over-sampling. Power cords and cabling make a difference of course. Keep that SLI-80 properly biased!
Art
Chris

Like several of the above responses, I have owned the Cary 303/200 for several years now, and I couldn't be happier. It is without a doubt the best CD player I have owned and the addition of HDCD is just a plus.

I don't think you could go wrong.

All the best.

AEW
Kid, I was seriously thinking of moving on from my Cary 308 ,then I tried a VenHaus flavor 4 PC with it and it came into it's own.All problems with an "in you face presentation " evaporated.It replaced a van den Hul Mainstream.
Thank you all for the great advice!

Reubent,

I looked at that Quad but it has a sale pending. Thank you though! I will see if I can't audition one.

Jkaway,

That is a good idea, but I have already sold it. I was using an Audience PowerChord with mine. It is a great player but I wanted to try a higher line model from what I have read. Thanks!

Art, AEW and Steveaudio

Thanks! I think I will seek out a 303/200.

Cheers,

Chris
Yep, the Cary 303/200's a keeper. Try Synergistic cables with it (I found this is by far the best match). The Elrod ESP2 Sig is a great power cord match, although pricey: TG Audio's SLVR works well, too (although it provides a different kind of sound)...