Players made in U.S.A.?

Anyone know of a cd player made here ,at home, for less than a grand- currently?
thanks,
Adam
128x128wombat3
Hearing the Cary players are made in Asia is disheartening.

I checked on my Granite, and did not see a "Made in" anywhere on the player, interestingly enough. Still, I believe that all Granite equipment is made in Arizona, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless, the 650 is a wonderful player that meets your budget, so I still recommend it. I was listening last night to the player in 650 (solid state) and 657 (tube) modes, and in 650 mode, the player is extraordinarily weighty, dynamic, and punchy in the bass and smooth in the midrange and treble. Tube mode seems to not have the bass oomph, but adds some sparkle and shimmer to the midrange and treble.
I compared the Granite 650 and the Jolida JD100 back to back and bought the Jolida. They were rather similar but the Jolida had a more open and detailed sound which I thought gave a nicer presentation. I didn't get to hear the 657.

However, the Jolida is made in China and the back panel sticker says "Designed and Engineered in the USA" which I thought was funny.
Why is the question that begs to be answered here. You can't mean that you "Buy American"??????
Aball, I have a lot of experience with the Jolida JD100, and couldn't feel more differently than you. I have always felt its achilles heel is a murky, unrefined sound. It is a nice player to be sure, and represents good value. However, the Music Hall MMF25 beats it to my ears, and the Granite 650 just walks away from both of them. The Granite has the body and warmth that most digital is sorely lacking in, along with outstanding detail and clarity.

I have mixed feelings as to why my Granite does not have a "Made in" statement on the player. If you put a gun to my head, based on this thread, I would say that it is quite possible the player is made in Asia, and then perhaps somehow tweaked here by Don Hoglund (even if it's simply applying the corian faceplate). The 657, which is simply a modded 650, looks in all likelihood to have its conversion done in the USA.

We agree the "Designed and Engineered in the USA" is a ridiculous comment.