Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
I seem to have missed the start of this thread. .......nothing too original-- Garland is my last name and in college I was often called "Gar" or "Garfish". So it was just a nickname from long ago that I sort of liked-- brings back fond memories. BTW, the gar, or garfish is a fast, fierce, predatory fish of central U.S.

Great post by Onhwy61-- one of MY favorite Audiogon names. Cheers. Craig
Oh, I also have another name (a respected gentleman gave it to me) - 6chak - which I like it even better. :-)
Having a unique, quite non-anon name outside a-gon, it's nice just to kick back and be anon at agon for a change.
My moniker is the title of an instrumental tune from an old rock album(which I am listening to as I write). If any one knows from where feel free to email me. The name reminds me of a leaf gently floating with an eddy. Cheers