Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
I use my dogs name Gretchen (85lbs German Shepherd). I really think she loves the system more than I do. We actually fight for the couch when I turn it on.

Cheers, Jim
i lived in iowa during the first 27 years of my life. where corn was, and still is, a staple. in the "hard" variety for livestock and in the "sweet" form, picked and eaten within the day, for such as i.

-cfb
VAYAsteve means GO STEVE,had that nickname sine I first got on line so why bother changing it.
Like Mike1diver, mine comes from the "other" hobby that consumes all my time and money, fishing. Also, I couldn't think of a "catchy" audio name!
Abysmillard is a very minor character in Mark Helprin's "Winter's Tale." I love the play on words within the name as well as the way the relcusive nature of the character matches my own personality. I've used this handle on various boards for many years.