Upcoming universal player releases any new info?

I am wondering if anyone has any information about new universal players or new cd players that are going to be released in the next 6-12 months? I have been looking around for the past year and haven't been inspired to pull the trigger yet. I am wondering about new products from companies such as sony, yamaha, krell, teac, arcam, etc. I am definitely anxious but have a feeling the next generation of digital players may be better than what is currently available. If anyone has any insider info it would be interesting to see. I have read mixed things on Denon's new player. Audio is my top priority and it sounds like the Denon is a better video player. Thanks everyone. Price range I will be interested is $1000-$3000.
nicksgem10s
Guys, my opinion is this, once we buy ANY machine retail, or discounted. My feeling is that I have bought something that has been compromised to fit into mass production. I feel any machine can, and would be made far better with replacing, adding, taking away, modding the existing platform. This is being done by MANY highly qualified engineers, mechanics, rocket scientists, ect. I am not saying that John, or Alex are the only ones to use. My real feeling is that thier is a 5-10 time mark-up over cost, to arrive at retail. Compromises MUST be made. Tweaking, modding enhances the sound, for better, or worse. I feel that when I buy a DV-50, per se, that if I sent it to Tube Research to have it modded, it would come back far superior to what I sent out. Now, how much do I want to spend, and lose if I decide to sell. I chose the Denon after comparing in my home to the AA Capitole II, DV-50, in my home, MF Tri-Vista, in my home, Sony XA777ES in my home, and the Shanling T200C. I felt in redbook the Exemplar 2900 was superior, and more listenable. For SACD the APL 1000 was leaps and bounds ahead. In my research I decided that the Denon, modded would most probably benefit most from the mods, and the cost was RELATIVELY cheap compared to the AA, Esoteric, MF, ect.

This has proven itself true in my experience, for now, the APL redbook has improved into the Exemplar realm, and the Exemplar SACD has improved into the APL realm. Which is better. This is hard to say, yet, as they are both still burning in. Both are greatly improveed over the previous generation. These machines are well priced, and bang for the buck just a STEAL. The Video is enhanced by the new power supplies, and re-clocking, not to mention the new wiring, caps, ect. If I spent thousands on modding the DV-50, AA, or MF, I would loose more than the cost of my machine when resold. I have in fact listened to the newest Meitner gear, but, not in my home. They would not allow me to take them home for trial, they are only by special order. Could I afford it, YES. But, I felt it was too strerile for me personnaly. Yes, it gives everything to me but, does not draw me inn. I prefer toe-tapping, engaging digital, reminding me of vinyl, 3 dimensional MUSIC which touches me, and makes me want to stand up and dance. I could go on, and on, but, now i will enjoy my MUSIC. Enjoy your journey, my friends. I was just trying to help you reach your enjoyment, quicker, easier, with more $$$$ in your pocket for music. I have spent 5 grand buying all my old music from the 60's, 70's early 80's in the last 90 days. Oh, yeah, even some more recent stuff. Enjoy the journey, my friends.
Lanny,
The sp 1000 has that "no buyers remorse" thing going for it from everyone I have seen that posts there opinion for both audio and video.

I would go as far as to say that at this price, and probably a bit more, its as close to perfect as your going to get.

I have never heard the xa 777es, but did hear the previous 777 model.
There was another audiophool at the asylum who compared the sp 1000 to his Marantz sa-14 and preffered the Onkyo right out of the box.
For a 2k universal to have the best one box video available, and be preffered to two different 2-3k audio only players is saying something.

Greg
I'm confused as to why the Onkyo sp 1000 is so much better in the video department than the Denon 2900 when they both use the Silicon Image 504 chip to process video?
As for audio, it should sound better considering its twice the price of the Denon - at least in my opinion.