money best spent on better dac, transport, preamp?

I have good speakers and amp in B&W 801 matrix and levinson 27.5 but think I should have better results. My transport is a Parasound cdp100, dac is aragon d2a, preamp is Marantz 9000 preamp/processor. Which should be replaced first to hear a noticeable improvement?. Budget is $1000 for each used. Thanks for any help.
dbriana
Check out a used Cal Audio Delta transport and Alpha DAC; wonderful units for way less than a grand used.
Trade in the marantz. You have a lot of wasted technology shoved into a box that you want for stereo listening. It's not a bad pre-amp, it's just that it is designed for theater. Sell the Marantz and get something designed for stereo listening. With the big boom in surround sound, you should be able to get a nice deal on a good used stereo piece like classe, audible illusions, CJ....

By the way, to test your d/a, try going digital from the cd to the marantz and listen to the differences?
Cary 303 CDP has vol control on the remote and is my fav for CPD for under $3k. If I had to do it over I'd have the Cary CDP going directly to an amp. If you have a local dealer try to get him to let you demo the Cary 303 (most dealers sell it new for ~2400). You can always buy a better Pre/Proc, but oh what a better CDP can do...