Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Just to clarify my previous post on the cost of the Vitus SCD-025, the 16,500 quoted was specified in GBP (British Pounds, not Euros.)
I heard the Vitus RD-100 (dac + balanced line stage) while back in MN in a SOTA dedicated room fronted by Rockports, etc. Very good piece. Not as good as the Brinkman table but very good. MSRP is $14,000.

I received my Lampi L7 last Wed and am burning it in. Best digital I have owned or heard to date. Both PCM and DSD are sublime, but DSD reproduction takes it over the top. My previous reference point was the Light Harmonics DaVinci (albeit in a show setting). This is a true conversion experience for me in that I have always felt digital fell short (despite it being my primary medium). Paradoxical I know.

It takes about 30,000 hours to fully burn in, so I will report back then....
Agear, if that was a joke then it was freakin awesome! I actually really laughed out loud. Very well delivered!

I can honestly say that $22-25K for a DAC is out of my price range.
Big7 is more like $11K retail, not $22K.

My L4 is still burning in after 20Khours…LoL, that is it keeps getting better with age.

Seriously, Lampis sound great after just 3 days burn in and keep getting better long after that.

I have heard the Big7 3 weeks ago in NYC and am officially jealous. AGear you da man.