Why do Japanese-pressed CDs sound better?

I have been trying to answer this question to myself for years now, but I can't seem to come up with a real answer. I have many CDs pressed in Japan and every one of them seems to sound better than the same CD pressed in any other country. So the question is what does Japan do differently than the other countries when they master/press a CD? Even DDD recordings seem to have more depth on Japan pressings. I can't say the difference is earth-shaking, but still it's noticeable to me. Anyone have any ideas? Is it just less jitter on the disc or is it something else?
piano632
and one more :
WA-8008 ˇ@ Wilson Audio - Ultimate Reference CD
it have the quietest background I have ever heard in my home
Sorlowski, thanks man! I happened to be considering a few of the ones you own.
Japanese folks value a good quality sound. The drek manufactured elswhere woulddn't last too long on japanese market.
Not just Japanese pressings. Order stuff from Amazon uk and compare it to american cds.
There is something to that, even the cheapest CD's bought and manufactured in England will sound superior to BMG production, Decca not audiophile record company to me sounds better then most audiophile grade US CD's. Just more analog like.
In classical Deutsche Gramophone CD's issued by BMG loud parts are just distorted I do not believe that original DG sound that way they would not cost 40DM and more in German.