Meitner DCC2

I have asked this question in another thread but would appreciate more feedback if any.

That CDSD-DCC2 is great is not much in doubt. My question is with regards to DCC2's pre-map funcationality and specifically its quality.

Would u recommend hooking it up directly to power amps, thus suing its pre-amp funcationality, or by passing and thus using a separate quality pre-amp? If so any in particular? I have Linn Klimaxx 500 Monoblocks.
henryhk
Holton,
Great point. Thanks for mentioning it. Yes absolute phase inversion was taken into account.
Regards.
[email protected], Realrookie

Both of you mention "Paramount". Do you both mean "Parasound"?
I've never heard of this brand "paramount" & am wondering if it is a new brand or a typo? Thanks!

Bombaywalla, I believe they are talking about the First Sound paramount. It is higher up the line from the First Sound presence deluxe.
Frankg - Thanks for clarifying the make and model of my linestage.

Hooper - If you have not yet done tube rolling with your First Sound Presence Deluxe linestage , it may be worth your while. The Russian 6h23 tube is an excellent 6922 alternative. Others have also been smitten by the sound of the Siemens 7308 gold pin tube.

Ultimately, it may turn out that all other tweeks/upgrades may not take your Presence Deluxe to the level of satisfaction that you get from the DCC2. As Frankg points out it is a lower-tier offering from First Sound.

I do know first hand that I and a couple others in our local audio society unanimously prefer my version (MkI upgraded to MkII) of the First Sound Paramount to the DCC2 linestage.