Jolida JD100. How good is it?

Have been using my dvd for stereo and would like to improve. The sound is good but not great. Seems shallow. Dymanics are there but blurred together. Looking for a warmer sound and seperation of instruments. Have read reviews on the jolida but would appreciate input and any other suggested players. Price range around 500 and used will be fine unless there are reasons not to go used on a cd player. Listen to all types of music with exception of rap, hip hop, and head slammer.
Current system:
Denon avr 2800 (will go seperates soon), Onkyo integra dvd, Polk audio speakers, Bryston 3b(front two), Velodyne hgs10.
scoly1
Yeap. Here are two current production tubes.

EI 12ax7ln's sound pretty good, laid back highs, smooth mids, nice edge, tight bass.

EH 12ax7's sound good as well, laid back but not as much as the EIs, very very smooth mids, a little less attack, decent bass.

Both tubes are available for less than 15.00 each from www.thetubestore.com, cheap alternatives to NOS IMO.

I think I am also going to try some Svets, A'gon member Underwoodwally seems to like them in his jolida CDPs.
Hi Distortion,

After following all your posts, I bought Modified JD-100 from Underwoodwally, it came with svets, as per your obervations I ordered EH12ax7 and I am really happy, this tube is better than Svets's, recently I found that now Underwoodwally is offering level 2 mods on this CD-P, and the tubes he is offering with it are NOS GE-5751 (Not sure whether those are triple mica), So now I am also looking for Good 5751's, I already have new GE 5751 with green lettering, but I never liked thise with Jolida Amp, hopefully will try that one some time, Another variant I tried in Jolida Amp was RCA 7025 (I will post the exact number afterwards), which was better than all 12AX7 I had at that time, but as Walter wasn't keen on substituting those for 12AX7, I haven't tried those.

Thanks a lot for posting all your finding about the tubes, that's the reason I skipped everything and went to EH12AX7.

Thanks,
The GE grey plate is reportedly the least of the 5751 tubes. It can be brash, and a bit less liquid. Still, not a bad tube. The Svetlanas are decent tubes, but we have been talking about far better. I'm curious about the Sovtek 5751. I have never heard a report on them.
Playing my new JD-100 with the stock chinese tubes I am amazed at how good the sound is on certain recordings. A CD of the Barber Violin concerto is all one could ask for. Seductively lush and warm yet it doesnt hang back in the soundstage. It is detailed and dynamic and yet retains the warmth and liquidity that is so appealing to me.The problem I have with my system is just a little too much edge with loud passages on certain recordings.This may correct itself with a sustained breaking in of the player though. I am wondering for those of you who have found the "perfect tube" are there still recordings that sound harsh or edgy? Or does tube Heaven cure a multitude of sins?