higher end cd player

I'm finally in the market for my last cdp. Line of thought here is that sacd software will get more plentiful, and players more sophisticated, in a few years time, but presently I want to get the best out of my red book cd's. Preferences for a tubey, bloomy, and dark soundstage should be taken into account; cold and clinical not really my cup of tea. Hardware to match includes ML 334, SF Line 2, ML Ascents, and Cardas Golden Cross cabling. I currently have an Arcam Alpha 9; it sounds wonderful, but I'm ready for the next level. I'm thinking audio aero cap mark 11 or musical fidelity nuvista; any thoughts guys? I really like the idea of the line level inputs on the audio aero!
brimac
How many imputs on the audio aero? Can you use it as a pre? Will it control the vol on all sources?
I am not positive but I think it has 3 inputs- optical, coax and AES/EBU and it may have an AT&T input as well but I can't say that for certain. Yes you can use it as a peramp to control volume on the inputs.
Thanks to everyone who responded; I'm going with the audio aero, and have found one used from an audiogon member at a fair price. Gotta love this forum!
I find it interesting, incidently, that know one commented on the Musical Fidelity Nuvista CDP, a Stereophile darling if there ever was one. By the way, anyone want to buy an Arcam Alpha 9, in great shape?
Tireguy,
can i hook up my rca's from the dvd and sattelite? Does it have multiple rca inputs?
streetdaddy- If you mean the analog outputs of a DVD it does not input them. The only inputs it has are digital, that being said if your sattelite has a digital cable you could do both of them, just use optical on the DVD player and Coax digital on sattelite. I don't have a TV so I do not have a clue what requirments a sttelite has :( wish I could be of more help.