Shanling, Jolida, Cary, Tube, SS can anyone compar

Can anyone compare these CD players? Am looking to buy a new or used for $1500 or less. I know that the Jolida or the Shanling can be bought new in this range but have heard of reliabilty problems with Jolida. Maybe the new one is OK. I would be willing to go with tube if it sounds right but Cary's pricey ones are SS. People do rave about their sound and this is what I'm after. I still prefer the sound of vinyl but CD's are sounding better as I upgrade my system. Any incite would be appreciated. Thanks,
Bill
jbangelfish
About the Burr Brown vs. Phillips: There is nothing in my manual that says one way or the other. Mark Allen told me he uses Phillips and not Burr Brown. Here is a portion of a Jolida 100 review:

"The JD-100A is a departure from most high end machines: it shuns the expected Burr-Brown D/A converters in favor of Philips chips. This is totally intentional. JoLida's design goal with the JD-100A was to build a CD player that was very linear, thus very listenable. This is the main difference, in my opinion, between digital and analog music reproduction. Analog, to my ears, is very linear. Many CD players tend to be bright and analytical. These players reproduce all of the detail, but they tend to be very fatiguing, especially during extended listening sessions. Listening to music should be enjoyable, not fatiguing."

So there you have it. The seller probably thought by making his claim the unit would be more attractive to a buyer. You are rapidly becoming a knowledgeable buyer.

About the tubes. Just listen and don't worry.
Has anyone actually heard the Xindak ? This player has interested me for a couple of months now but all I have heard is some hype from the distributor and a dealer. For something that the distributor claims that he sells out of in a hurry there sure seems to be a lack of actual end user feedback.
Nope but see Muralmans SACD response. It seems that most audiophiles are not fond of it yet. I will opt for a cheaper but more pleasing sound. The Jolida seems to be getting alot of attention.
Disclaimer: I am a Xindak dealer.

What do you mean most audiphiles are not fond of it? Just because one person makes a statement does not mean it is true for all (or even most) audiophiles. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Most that have given SACD a fair shake usually agree that it is the closest to analog that digital playback has achieved (in addition to some wonderfull Redbook players available). I strongly disagree with his opinion on SACD (although he is certainly entitled to it).

The Jolida is a great player, but you can get even better Redbook playback with the Xindak, and have SACD capability also.

Best Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
Fs, there is a vacuum of info on the Xindak except that is a tube unit made in China. What tech info can you provide us?