Best transport for USD500

I am looking for a player to serve primarily as a transport (using the coax digital out) hooked to an external DAC (perhaps to a Bel Canto DAC 1.1/MSB Link DAC III). Within my budget, I have shortlisted the following from what is available to me:
- Arcam CD72T
- Marantz CD 6000 OSE LE
- Shanling CDS100 (aka Music Hall CD25)
- NAD C541i
- Cambridge Audio D500SE
Does any one have experience with any of these players+the BC/MSB? Would appreciate inputs based on experience. Any other suggestions are also very welcome.
Thanks and cheers
jitterbug
cal delta used
ead t1000 used
ead t7000(with ld) also used
micromega stage 3 used

the transports above mentioned are identical in sonic signatures. eads have the best built quality so far that's why are preferable. micromega is the wormest among mentioned.
If you're going to get an inexpensive transport, why not use a DVD or SACD player, and get an additional functionality out of it?
Parasound CDB 2000 its going to run about 700 used. Its a belt drive unit and very hard to beat. Built by CEC of Japan.
Do not go the DVD route. They make for horrible transports.
Don't want to contradict Natalie, but I owned both the Meridian 500 transport and Parasound CBD 2000 and had to decide which to keep. I kept the meridian, lots more detail, tighter bass, deeper soundstage, less in your face vocals, smoother vocals. That was my take on it!