Burmester 001, comment please?

Admittedly, I am shameless as I can no way afford $13K. Nonetheless, looking into used market, it may be obtainable however long shot it might be.
I would like to hear those who have direct experience with this beauty as to how it compares with contenders in the class (or less expensive). I did hear it at my local dealer in all-Burmester system. While it is impossible to conclude about its sound character, I thought the "there (as in I could almost touch the performer)" sound image might be attributable to the CD player. Again, comparison with contenders would be very helpful, in context of classical or acoustical musics. My current CDP is Cary 306/200. While it sounds great, I have suspected something is missing. Delicacy or intimacy, and smoothness (liquidity?) or warmth in mid-high to high freq. My other equip are: Sonus Faber Signum and Berning ZH270. Maybe I am asking too much, but, hey, this is hobby! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Ken
khokugo
Dinan,
I had to sit down and imagine what your system could possibly sound like. It must be great.

BTW what speakers are you using?
914nut and Justacoder, thanks for your valuable input. Makes me wonder what Burmester has on its mind for marketing strategy in US.

Dinan, thanks for your complete response. I am impressed and even more intrigued by 001. I see you have a lot of experience and knowledge, which I envy. Makes me wonder though how many units have been actually sold in US. You are almost the only one who has come forward as an owner on those internet forums.

One note about CEC, which I know: CEC was spun off from Sanyo group (MBO, I guess), and has been independent ever since. They have reduced presence in US, but seem doing ok in Japan and Europe.

Thank you very much.
hi Dinan, i have been curious about the Burmeister 001 and appreciate your comments, thanks.

i do have a question as a Linn CD-12 owner. you comment "the 001 has a great DAC and surpasses almost all single box players (read CD-12)". do you mean that the 001 does surpass the CD-12?....if so, what single box players doesn't it surpass? i've not had the opportunity to compare the CD-12 to the 001 and would be curious what the differences are.

i agree, you have a great system.
Dinan said they are using MBL 101D speakers.

I'll have to say "Now that's a stereo".
After determining that the 001 is truly a belt-drive unit, and based on Dinan's glowing post, I have bought one.

It's too early to give my thoughts, other than to say that it's certainly equal to my CEC TL1X/Chord DAC64 combo (I only put it in service last night---I'm still sorting out the many available operating modes).

More later.

Jim