hospital grade or commercial grade receptacles ?

What is the difference ? Is it really worth ten times the price to get hospital grade receptacles ? Why ?
Is one brand really superior to another? Is Pass &
Seymore a good brand ? Hubble better ?
I am setting up a closet to house my mid-fi gear and
will be running two dedicated 20A. lines to run the
2-channel audio and the home entertainment equipment. I
will have two double (2 duplex receptacles) on each 20A
circuit.
Thank you in advance.
saki70
I really love it when you guys slam Raul! Raul, I like you but you clearly have pissed these guys off. My system sounds better, when I use a trick I saw in a movie. I pass the signal through my body. (No lethal currents please!)It gives the sytem a life like three dimensional feel. I can also fine tune the sound by drinking a fine grade of cognac.
I know a guy who claims that his dog can talk. He has all the nitty gritty details...the dog speaks Spanish, and with a Cuban accent, and often quotes poetry. The damn dog just barks at me, but the guy swears it's true. Should I believe him?
"whose experience has greater validity? The one who lectures from the lab table, or the one who conducted the experiment, and observed the results."

Terrific post, Nrchy! Here's another great quote:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"....Carl Sagan.
Eldartford,

know a guy who claims that his dog can talk. He has all the nitty gritty details...the dog speaks Spanish, and with a Cuban accent, and often quotes poetry. The damn dog just barks at me, but the guy swears it's true. Should I believe him?

If dozens of people hear the dog on multiple occasions over a period of a decade, yes. Here is a perfect example.

A guy sees a sign "Talking Dog for Sale." He rings the door bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the back yard. The guy goes into the back yard and sees a mutt sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep, that's me," the mutt replies.

"So, what's your story?"

The dog looks up and says, "Well, I discovered my gift pretty young and I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA about my talent, and in no time they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.
I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running.

I couldn't tell you how many wars I helped prevent. But, the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger and I wanted to settle down. So I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings there ... and was awarded a batch of medals. Had a wife, a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes into the house and asks the owner what he wants for the dog. "Ten bucks and he's yours," the owner says.

"But this dog is amazing!" the guy exclaims. "Why on earth are you selling him and why so cheap?"

"He's such a liar, he never did any of those things."
Like certain Audiogon members, the owner of the dog was more concerned with what the dog said (specifications) than the fact he could speak.