Difference between non and factory terminated

If someone gave you a good factory terminated power cable, and someone else gave you the same cable, but they terminated it at both ends themselves (let's suppose they done a reasonable job), could you hear the difference? How much, if any, difference does factory termination make?
octuple
I hear you. I am using a $15k system and it never ocurred to me to use a power conditioner or so called hi-end power chords. I feel I am just not that gullible.

Though I did aquire some vibration isolation devices which I put back on the market in a moment of recoverd sanity, feeling a little sheepish for buying into that notion.

Also I had more than a dozen heavy duty acoustic treatment devices which ended up in the dumpster when I went dipole for speakers (Audio Artistry).

They never did do the job and only accomplished deadening the room in the attempt to control low frequency room modes excited by full range box speakers.

Sometimes it takes awhile to seperate the stuff, from the stuff. Made all the more difficult with the plentiful enthusiastic expressions of those still duped.
I see. Facitious (aka 'passive agressive'). OK, sorry I did not get it the first time.

It is possible to be so subtle that you actually fail to make your point, you know, which then just comes off as 'timid'.
I think there's no doubt that isolation devices and cables make a difference in most cases - sometimes not a lot of difference and sometimes a lot of difference. But is that change always for the better, or is it a change for the sake of change? It would seem that the more money involved, the more the chance that it will be a change for the sake of change.

"Mwilson" - What you said earlier about the resale value of a home terminated cable not having a good resale value...you're right for sure. The thing is, the longer you use it, the less that factor will come into play.
Very true about the diminishing difference in value with age - that curve can be pretty steep, at some point you're not exactly hurting anything by doing what you please with it.

Didactically, there are differing views of audio nirvana, and no single one is correct for everyone. The capitalists you are so satisfied to have eluded may not represent the same specter to others. I find it hard to will away the differences between cables because I don't want them to be there out of financial self-interest (or for some, an intellectual desire to debunk the idea that there are performance differences.)

I live by the rule that what I purchase should be in line with what I am willing to spend for the improvement in sound it brings. If it underachieves, I get rid of it. If it overachieves, I consider it a bargain on my personal scale. To some, bare copper wire at a few cents a foot and its performance profile define this price/performance ratio. For others, it may be a $200/m pair of interconnects made by a hi-fi brand. For some, $1000 or more a meter seems a fair price. It's all in what you hear, and what you're comfortable spending.

To say that one hears the difference between cables because they want to seems equivalent to saying one doesn't hear the difference because they don't want to. Is it all psychological then? There are electrical differences that are measurable, why would there not be performance differences? I think that one's been discussed a few times before, as well : )