Looking for a great arm that is low maintenence

I ordered a Sota Cosmos turntable and am going to get a ZYX Airy 3 cartridge. I am looking for a great arm that is not high maintenence or finiky. I don't want to have to adjust it with each playing, or to add oil every time I use it.

The arms I'm interested in right now are the TriPlaner, Graham 2.2, or the SME IV, but I'm open to suggestions. The new arm with replace a Rega RB 900.

Give me your what and why...
128x128nrchy
Nrchy,the only reason I bring up the "local" installation of the arm is because the first time I sent my Cosmos back to Sota,for a series III update,UPS did the unthinkable!Thank God Kirk is so great to work with.I simply would not want to see another person have such a crappy shipping experience.Trust me(I know),it can,and does happen.Remember,turntables,alone,are very difficult to ship.They are heavy,and UPS will most likely not give a crap about keeping it"upright"(which it must be,if an arm is attached).Believe me.The locking sub assembly means nothing,when you consider what a careless delivery guy can do!I have had Sota products(and loved them)for over 20 years.Just make sure to emphasize to Kirk(who packs incredibly well,BTW)that you want him to "PACK THE HELL OUT OF IT"!!A bit of extra emphasis here will yield rewards.Absolutely,best of luck with your fabulous new rig!!!Maybe at some future point,if you ever decide to report on it,you may want to list some of your "more unique" LP acquisitions over time.I'm really interested in this,as it can lead to some "newer" musical experiences,that I'm always looking for.
Maybe at some future point,if you ever decide to report on it,you may want to list some of your "more unique" LP acquisitions over time.I'm really interested in this,as it can lead to some "newer" musical experiences,that I'm always looking for.

Sirspeedy, I'm not sure if this comment is in reference to something specific... What is your area of interest? I'm confused.
Just some different types of music(unique instruments,or arrangements).EX:Russo's "Street Music".On DG label.This is a classicly influenced blues cto,for harmonica,blues piano,and string bass/with orchestra.It is incredible,and out of the norm!Also,it was just a suggestion.You really don't need to follow up,but it would be nice for all of us to,maybe,add something about a new LP,that may be of interest to others.Just food for thought.Regards!
Sirspeedy - I'm a little frustrated right now. I bought a stack of vinyl right before I sold off the Rega and Benz. I had just bought Simon and Garfunkel "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on four single sided 200 gram 45 rpm lps. I also got Rosemary Clooney, and Jacintha on 200 gram 45's and Sonny Rollins, and Dave Brubeck's Time Out" on four single sided 200 gram 45's.

I have several LP I bought in Dallas when I went to visit Albert Porter and Lugnut to which I have not yet listened.

Thanks for causing me to bring to mind all these bitter memories!!!
Nrchy,I'm assuming your frustrated over the wait time to receive your table/arm combo.I have NO sympathy towards you here.As I complained to Larry(CELLO),last winter,my Cosmos update journey took a LONG time.I mean many months to get it to where I wanted it to be!No fun!!That's one reason to have a good CD player.

The GOOD news---It REALLY was worth it,for me.As you will find out in time.Remember that you are dealing with small companies.They are really "specialty" operations,and need our patience to "Do their thing".

Kirk is a fabulous guy,but he IS Sota.He is hands on with everything,in that small,yet high quality operation.So,it takes a bit longer to get things done.The upside is their products are underpriced(especially the Cosmos)and are built to an heirloom standard.My previous Cosmos ran flawlessly for 12 years,not even needing a new belt,until I upgraded to the series III,which is "on another planet" in performance.Your frustrations will be short lived.Of that I'm confident.Now go get some new music!