Any Warp correction LP services available ?

I am aware that there is a record warp flattening system being marketed for about two thousand bucks.I've tried to get my "El Cheapo" audio pals to chip in for it,so we can all benefit,with the occassional warped "Rare Gem" that can be so difficult to replace in perfect shape.No such luck!They'd rather spend 300 bucks for a signed copy of Ida Haendl doing the Sibelius!!

Does anyone know of a reliable "vendor" that might offer a per LP service,to have this done to our beloved,yet slightly warped records.I,for one, would love to see this offered by people like Accoustic Sounds,or The Elusive Disc.

How about it?
sirspeedy70680e509
I'd be willing to ante up if we could get enough folks interested to get the cost per down to a reasonable level. I also have a couple of good 'tater chip LP's to experiment on.

Assuming this works and we do get one, how to we handle this? I mean, should we all just send our warpies to some poor soul who gets stuck being the keeper of the press?

Dan
Sirspeedy. I agree and why I suggested the Seal press idea.

Assuming 10 or more people pooled their funds for that 2K record press, each would have invested an amount EQUAL to what they could own a Seal press for.

Owning would be easier than borrowing, my only concern is if the Seal press would do the job. I may buy one and test.
G_m_c, I have heard of the same trick, as well! The record is placed between two sheets of glass in the oven, for an hour or two. I would put some weights on each of the four corners. REMEMBER THAT CUT GLASS WILL HAVE SHARP EDGES, SO HANDLE THE SHEETS WITH SOME TYPE OF GLOVES!!!

Certainly, a cheaper alternative to the two machines mentioned in this post.
Albert,based on the pics of your room/home and system tastes I'd have to volunteer you to "go For It",and report back.Me?Well I just finished paying off Rutgers U. with their last payments,for my 2 kids.Whew!!I,also just "Blew" a load on some ultra pricey CCa's for my phonostage,and would like to take a summer vacation.I would totally trust your report,but,make sure you follow up the tubed crossover,as promised,ASAP!!Best of luck!!