Need Help with New DAC

Hi, I am new at DAC but I heard that if you add a dac in your system its really sound good currently my set-up is Classe amp and pre-amp with rotel rcd 991 bw speaker, my budget is around 1k what should I get that really help my system new or used does not matter. (ML N.36, theta gen Va, msb Gold link or whatever any info would be greatly appreciate).
goone
I have had both a Theta and a newer Ml rig, and the strengths/character of each was dintinct. In my system, I prefer the ML, but frankly they are both great DACs overall - it just depends on your musical preference (guessing that the Theta may complement the Classe amp better - without knowing which one you are using - but again that is my taste). Incidentally, though it is a crowd and reviewer favorite, I was not impressed by Musical Fidelity's offering (think I might be the only one who wasn't).

Good luck and don't forget a good cable!
=)

-Jacob
The Musical Fidelity A3-24 DAC sells new for around $1,200 which fits your budget and is a superb DAC for the price. Yes, Stereophile gave it a rave review and most people that I have spoken to and have heard it really like it. I purchased one and after 130 hours of burn in find that it just keeps getting better and better with each and every listening session. I’m using tube gear through out my system (SF Line 3 and Wolcott tube monos) and am getting stunning performance using the MF A3. However, some posts from people here on A-Gon who appear to have solid state systems haven’t been thrilled with the MF A3 and prefer a CD player or DAC with a tube output stage.

Your Classe CA 201 is a pretty musical SS amp and I think you just might find the MF A3 to be a good fit. The MF A3 is certainly worth your time to audition. At $1,200 it fits your budget and leaves some extra cash left over for a very good digital cable.

Regards and musical listening!