Cd Recorders?

I've been toying around with the idea of getting a CD recorder. It appears that most CD recorders are not "audiophile" quality. Would that make much of a difference if you don't use the CD recorder for playback?

Furthermore, I already have a fantastic CD player so do I need a dual drive CD recorder? Finally, any thoughts about the newest CD recorders with hard drives. Do they really make things easier?
lrm1jaf
Hi- If your simply copying from one CD to another, or making "greatest hits" compilation CDs, use a computer. It's much easier and more efficient. If you're recording from an analog source to CD, I highly recommend a stand-alone audio CD recorder. My preference is the Tascam line, because they are all multi-bit (I can't stand Bitstream) and are as easy to use as a cassette deck. Even the "budget" CD-RW4U ($325-350 street) makes great-sounding CDs from LPs. Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions.
Good Luck, Ed
I have had the same good experience with my Pioneer 839. Even the "analogue" copies, (copy of a copy is in this mode,) are very good. Highly recommended due to ease of use and quality of recordings.

Charlie
The PDR-W839 is discontinued, btw, the only way to get it currently is as a refurb. I bought it mainly because Stan Warren likes the Burr/Brown DAC it uses, and believes it can be modified to sound good if the analog inputs and outputs are replaced. We will see.