ACCUPHASE DP85

ANY COMMENTS ON THE 85 VS THE 100/101 SEPARATE COMBO ON SACD AND DCS ON 24/192. ARE THERE ANY REVIEWS ON THE DP85 OR ANY PREVIOUS THREADS. SUNIL
sunilsood
Hi Cornfedboy,

Rather than attack JTinn's opinion you have called him a liar. No place here for that!

I'm certain that you weren't intending to liable him. Right?

Clearly you feel his opinion is wrong, stupid, ill guided or malicious. But, unless you know him to be a liar, bad idea to be making such accusations.

I have respect for both of you and wish to continue to do so.

I know that you're a lawyer and you know I'm an actuary, so accept my apologies for giving you legal advice.

Best wishes,

Bill E.
jtinn has offered a lot of good (and free!) advice to me and others on this board. he regularly endorses products he doesn't sell and is pretty objective about those he does. lighten up, CFB.
I do not post on this board but I do enjoy reading the threads. I do not understand the hostility towards JTinn. I have spoken with him on numerous occasions and found him to be nothing but a gentleman. I have asked his opinions of brands that he carries and of those he does not. He has often times made recommendations of gear he likes but does not represent. I have never felt like he was steering me towards a certain brand because he carries it. I personally respect his opinion over most I read on this board. This is suppose to be entertaining and educational. I think many have forgotten this.
Mike
let us not get personal. why has the dp85 not attracted any attention as the separates combo,it is a newer model so the innards shud be the same or better than 100/101.does the accuphase convert dsd to pcm before output./sunil
As a dealer I concur that it is important to disclose that status in posts to discussion groups.However, I cannot accept the implication that a dealer's advice should be rejected or deemed unworthy because the dealer may have a financial interest in some of the recommended products.As a practicing Attorney for the past 24 years I frequently advise clients to take actions that may benefit me financially , to wit: legal fees resulting from a recommended course of action.The same is true of surgeons,
tax planners, mechanics and countless others .The key is to find someone trustworthy and then rely upon their opinion coupled with independent analysis and common sense.
BTW- I auditioned the Accuphase DP-75V with the thought of carrying the line, as well as the dCS Purcell/Elgar combo and found the dCS far superior to my ears. I found the Accuphase DP-75V to have much of the syrupy sonic signature ascribed by Jtinn to the Accuphase DP-85.For different reasons I sell neither brand and opted to carry the Audio Aero Capitole and GamuT CD-1. Alan