ACCUPHASE DP85

ANY COMMENTS ON THE 85 VS THE 100/101 SEPARATE COMBO ON SACD AND DCS ON 24/192. ARE THERE ANY REVIEWS ON THE DP85 OR ANY PREVIOUS THREADS. SUNIL
sunilsood
When you reach these price points it becomes what sounds best to the listener.All pieces mentioned are top notch and let your ears be the judge.
OUCH! Wasn't that just a little harsh cfb? Jtinn did say he is a dealer of competing products. Not really like you to make personal attacks (you guys have a thing going?). Your comment on the 2 Accuphase pieces, which you know well from personal experience, was certainly useful for the poster.

Anyway, Sattothestars is right, beauty is in the ears of the listener.
Geez, Kelly, I don't see Jtinn trying to do anything other than state his opinion, kind of like you frequently do with Accuphase ,Avalon and Boulder, sold by your admitted good friend and AUDIO DEALER in Denver. If the guy heard the product, he's entitled to an opinion, just as you are and frequently express. Live and let live, or, shill and let shill. Can't we all just get along? :-) BTW, I lived with the dCS gear and have heard the 100/101, and thought the Accuphase was more musical and full bodied with great detail. The dCS was a tad threadbare in the mids and edgy in the highs for my taste, and I preferred the Accuphase, I thought it was tremendous. I've not heard the DP-85 other than briefly and ergo don't feel qualified to comment.
Kelly: First off, I do not sell a competing brand of SACD equipment. What I stated is my opinion and how I heard it.

Your guess is wrong about me being nixed as an Accuphase dealer. I never pursued the product because I do not like it. I think they make fine amplifiers, but their SACD gear leaves a lot to be desired (IMHO). Where you come up with this hyperbole is a complete mystery to me. Are you just making it up as you go?

If you want to make a personal opinion on the product, fine, but please do not personally attack me or my credibility. It shows poorly on you.

If you want to question my ears, look in the upcoming Stereophile and The Absolute Sound where most of the reviewers clearly picked the room I personally put together, where I hand picked each product, as the best sound ever heard at any show much if not anywhere else.

Kelly, are you affiliated in the audio business in any way... investment, do you represent, etc.?

My cards are on the tables, how about yours?

Jonathan
Hi Cornfedboy,

Rather than attack JTinn's opinion you have called him a liar. No place here for that!

I'm certain that you weren't intending to liable him. Right?

Clearly you feel his opinion is wrong, stupid, ill guided or malicious. But, unless you know him to be a liar, bad idea to be making such accusations.

I have respect for both of you and wish to continue to do so.

I know that you're a lawyer and you know I'm an actuary, so accept my apologies for giving you legal advice.

Best wishes,

Bill E.