Any feedback on the Graham Phantom

Does anyone own a Phantom? Can you share experiences.
How long did you have to wait to get yours?
yagbol2
Bigdog,I think you should change your name to "LUCKYDOG".

PS--I HATE YOU!!

PPS--Splaskin,you bring up a VERY important question, regarding the asking around about phono cables.I and my friend have the IC-70.Wonderful performers,but I have heard that the Purist Audio Venustas is superior.The arm to phono stage connection is probably the most important cable in a set-up(I read this on many occassions,not my words here,so I don't mean to be confrontational).I have put out threads asking about "REALLY PRIMO",as in costly,cables,in comparison to the IC-70 and never got a response.Probably 'cause I'm so obnoxious.Maybe a response can come from this thread.I'm open to any feedback,as I have A/B'd the IC-70 with the 30 and heard a huge diff.So,to me,this can be a very sensitive area in phono reproduction!Also,I see you own my favorite table.Basis Vac/Debut.That is one product I lust for.I know other tables are regarded more highly,but,that's the one I want.Some day.After all college and medical school tuitions are paid for!!The sacrifices we make,at the expense of our hobby!!!
Sirspeedy,

I am presently using the IC-70. I am having Brad Vojtech at Revelation Audio build me a phono cable. I tried his power cables, specifically the Precepet, and fell in love with them. I wrote a review of the Revelation Audio Labs Precept AC cable in Audio Asylum "Cables" under Mercman.

Sirspeedy, you can see pictures of my system at Audio Asylum under Mercman.

Steve
Splaskin,took a look at your system on Audio Asylum."I Hate You Too"!!

Just kidding.Great stuff!!

Actually there are some "Concept" similarities between yours,and mine.I'll save that for another time.Good luck.

Tomorrow I take the day off,WHEW,to go over to 2 friend's homes.Both audio/fanatics.Doing some arm tweaking/tube rolling etc.Oh yeah,forgot to mention some serious MERLOT will be on hand.I'll probably be too blitzed to apply correct fluid damping!!This is our little secret Splaskin.My friend won't know.I'm his set-up man.HEH,HEH,HEH!!
Sirspeedy, Thank you for the kind words. I am indeed very fortunate to be able to own this wonderful gear. I am using the IC-70 phono cable. This cable uses extremely fine (read thin gauge)silver wire. I would be interested to hear comments on other cables, as the interconnect situation I encountered made me a bit neurotic. In the past silver wire has usually sounded a bit thin (body)& a bit bright. The JPS claims an aluminum alloy, which is less conductive. Maybe it stores energy which makes it very dynamic. (I didn't like the lower priced JPS at all, it had a signature on everything it passed although a pleasant one.) Some professional cables I have used & recommended used West Penn wire which were also aluminum (however with Neutrik Gold XLR's they cost only about $35.00 per meter pair. Hard to go wrong in non critical situations. (I like West Penn 293 which is about 24ga.) Anyway I am going to let this gear break-in a bit before any more changes. Enjoy the Merlot. Good wine is like good audio. Lots of subtlety for different tastes.
" I am using the IC-70 phono cable. This cable uses extremely fine (read thin gauge)silver wire. I would be interested to hear comments on other cables..."

I use the XLO Signature Phono Cable. My dealer had both ( IC-70 ).

I think, in the analog World, where the "secret" of the right sound is the Holy Grail which has to be found, it is not simple to do that without a rating. Ratings help.
When I remember all the discussions about the Schroeder Arm, The TriPlanar and the Grahams, I think, good as they are, the results will vary, because the following electronic will have it's own signature added ( more or less ). And let's be honest, when someone spends a few thousand, he wants to hear an improvement. And of course, he "can" hear it. Specially, when the bought unit is rare, hyped, expensive or whatever in that direction.
But is it better ? Or just different ?
Well, I own a 2.2 and from my experience, even that one has so much settings to do, you will have the full box of experience with " normal sounding to excellent sounding ".
Sometimes I remember, when owners from a .... told me, NOW they listen to music. Super.
What have they done before ?
I think, it will depend what you want to have from the System.