am/fm tube tuners

I am in the market to add an AM/FM tube tuner to my system. I listen to jazz and female vocalists mostly. I want this just for the "sound" that is hard to get since all my other stuff is solid state, and pleasant background music. I would like to spend around $1000 for the tuner. What tuners are out there that people have loved over the years? Thanks for your responces.
bryanhod
I'm perfectly happy with my vintage MR71 with Richard Modeferri mod/upgrade via audioclassics.
I've done some comparison with some other top SS performers and MR71 sounded more musical and transparent to me. The SS tuners sounded thin and light. However, it does have good bass. MR71 sounded full and round and articulate. The bass is not and punchy and dynamic but it is well above acceptable. The vocal is just lovely. It sounded like the DJ is in your room. Anyway, I still prefer tube tuners
A Fisher 100b with some simple mods (replace power supply diodes with FREDs, quality coupling caps and a good tune-up, maybe replace the 12AX7 output tube with a 5751) will sound wonderful. These can be had on ebay for ~$200. Expect to pay $500-$800 for the mods and tune-up. I'd put the sound of it's germanium bridge demodulators up agaist any PPL system on the planet.
Agreed as to Fisher FM tuners. I have a Fisher 100B with minor updates (new bridge rectifier, new output coupling caps), and it sounds very nice. In principle, a solid state tuner should have a leg up in RF performance, but there is just something "right" about the sound of a good tube tuner.

Dave
I just called Magnum and the Dynalab 109 is now out. This is the revision of the 108. Has anyone heard about this unit?
Bryanhod, unless you have many good stations or you are super loaded, jumping on expensive FM-tuners is a money loosing investment. There are many good internet radiostations out there but not as good sound quality as the FM tuners. Most of the audiophiles I know don't listen to radio at all.
I have not heard the 109 yet but the 108 was quite impressive enough to most of the FM lovers.