One Box CD Player or EAD with new Chord 64

Hey all, got the itch again and I was thinking of adding the Chord DAC 64 to the EAD or get the new Wadia 301. All comments greatly appreciated.
buckingham
Hey Bob, I've been looking online at the HDCD titles and to tell you the truth, there's not too much of a selection in my music tastes! From what I have heard, with the new upsampling DACs, normal cd's actually sound better than HDCD encoded discs.
Buck, on recent CD releases, I have noticed that my Levinson DAC shows HDCD decoding, and nowhere is it found on the cd sleve that its an HDCD - CD ! ..I am seeing more and more like this...not sure why.

In regards to the Chord and Wadia, I think its more the simularities between the 2.. my friend emailed me the following "The Chord exhibits the most detail so far, very very natural an fluid, presents forward of the speakers with a fuller sound, and has that Wadia-like depth and layering of music"

He compared it to Wadia, MSB Platinum Plus & DCS Purcell on a ML380S.

I have to admit, when I heard the Chord 64, it was indeed warm and full, without the bright top end..lots of body.
Matt & his friend describe it well. For me, this is the end of the Digital Ice Age. Eric has quoted me almost correctly: I'm definitely going to sell my lps. It took 40 years to amass my collection & it will be painful to part with these discs. But the Chord will make it worthwhile. I dont have a clue how it manages to redeem even mediocre discs but redeem them it does. In fact I cant think of a single cd that hasnt had me on Cloud Nine. If music matters, move Heaven & Hell to audition this one!
Mzn I'm thinking that almost half of my HDCD's are not ID'd as such. Obviously the 'record' companies have no perception of the value that "those such as us" place upon that little HDCD logo; for me it can make or break a sale if I'm deciding between several titles because economics dictates that I can't buy them all right now. I really wish they'd do a better job promoting the format because I think it's the best thing that ever happened to consumer digital. Sure there's SACD but I'm not forking over the extra $ when you can get "almost there" with these 20 bit discs at regular prices. Pacific Microsonics rules!