Audio Aero Capitole vs. Audiomeca Mphisto II

Have you compared these two?
mrgigi
Hi Ernie - the EMC-1 MkII is also a fantastic player and much like the Audio Aero in the sense that it sounds right. But compared to the Mephisto doesn't seduce you to listen deeper. The EMC-1 MkII is among the top players available and I must say it too sounded better than my Marantz SA-1.

The trouble I had with the Marantz was that it just seemed so electronic.

The EMC-1 approaches an "analog like" sound quality but truly has a way to go before the "like" can be removed from that comment. I found it had more slam than the AA & AM and has a way of making rock music sound great right out of the box. Compared to other players - the EMC-1 still has a hint of an electronic voice but is capable of producing an organic sound when coupled with the right set of interconnects and a good power cord.

The EMC-1 put me in a party mood.
Bwhite, thanks so much for the reply. I found it extremely helpful. If I may indulge you one more time, I would appreciate if you might comment a bit more on the ics. The audio note is not within my realm. I had been using cardas golden ref on my old cdp and was planning to use it on the Audiomeca that is coming. From your comment on the Stealth I wonder if the cardas may be to polite for the cdp. Other than the Audio note do you have any thoughts on what may be a good match for the Audiomeca-one that will not bring out a softness. Again many thanks.
I bought an Audiomeca Enkianthus DAC. This is the outboard DAC in the Mephisto II. I used it with my Philips CD-80 as a transport, using Acoustic Zen Mc2=Zen interconnects between the two. Smooth liquid midrange. Great high frequency extension. Detail, soundstage, airiness and imaging like I had never heard. Where it did not measure up was in the bass extension, bass weight and overall dynamics department. Even though I loved the characteristics mentioned above, I couldn't live without the power, the attack that I feel a good digital setup should display. The music usually sounded too delicate. I sold the unit after several weeks. Admitedly, I did little experimentation with digital interconnects and none with power cords. I haven't heard the Audio Aero yet.
Hi Pgleekel - The Stealth PGS is very "dull" sounding and the antithesis of dynamic - it has an organic quality and loads of inner detail which make it sound wonderful in certain systems.

Cardas Golden Reference is a punchy - cable. While it can sound "warm" when used between rich sounding components, it is a good cable and might by an excellent match for your system. The only way to know is to try it out.

I usually like to use fine and delicate sounding interconnects between the CD player and the Preamp followed by a more robust cable between the pre and power amp. I find this preserves the low level signal from the CD player.

Why dont you email me off line and let me know what your system configuration is - then I can make a suggestion or two.

Bryan
I am also using the Enkianthus dac with the Mephisto II transport. One can definitely get immersed into the music with this combo. Rayhall was on the money with the interpretation of the sound however the bass is also very good. I got better results with a ss preamp than the CAT ultimate.