Turrntable With or Without Suspension?

Hello yous guys.

So I'm looking to spend $500ish for a turntable with cartridge.

The main problem is that the turntable is going to live in a place where it will have to bear the brunt of my family stomping and clomping around it's vicinity.

Should I go for a turntable with built-in suspension or should I just rig something up or purchase some special mats to absorb the vibrations?

Let me knows what yous think.

J
jrthestar

The caps lock on the title was bad enough.. but "yous"?

Anyway, you'll need to de-couple the turntable from the floor so the stylus doesn't end up dancing all over your cherished vinyl when the troops come marching through your listening room. Look into a wall-mounted turntable stand from the likes of Target (or a competing brand). Regards, Jeff
Jeff is right, a turntable with suspension is not designed to reject the type of problems you get from bouncy floors. Wall mount is the way to go.
Wall mounts also give you a built-in height advantage over the young'ns.

My wall shelf (see photo below) uses two of the heavy duty brackets you can get from most hardware stores. The brackets need to have that triangular brace. The invariably come in white, but you could easily Krylon to taste.

Mine happily bears quite a lot of weight.
http://www.stat.ucla.edu/~erickson/projects/cuemaster/cuemaster.jpg
Something as rational as a wall mount is impossible.The turntable has to live out it's life sitting on a shelf inside a large wooden cabinet which seems to wobble when the ceiling fan is turned on.

So, do you know of a turntable with a good suspension?
If the shelf that the turntable sits on moves to the degree that you describe, sorry, hthere isn't a turntable in the world that will work.

Go digital.