Tecnodec w/HR PSU - Speed Problems - Help?

I own a Michell Tecnodec w/HR Power Supply. To set/check the speed I used a KAB Stobe disc.

I set the speed perfectly using the HR PSU. Then, I turn off the motor and re-check and the TT is running slower. Actually, everytime I turn off the motor and switch it on again the speed is different. If I leave it alone for 30 minitues the speed goes back to the original (where it was set the first time). It's not major maybe 0.5% variations.

This concerns me a little because this means when I listen to a second, third record the speed will be different than that of the first due to shutting down the motor to change an LP.

This also happened with the original cheaper PSU.

Is this a normal occurance with DC motors?

Thanks guys for any help,
Balance
dr_balance
Speed change from stylus drag is cumulative over the course of the entire LP side. Also, any bearing drag or any other things could enter into this equation. Basically, after you set the speed at the beginning of play, anything that drags it or holds it back at all, can slow it down during the play of the LP. This may differ in severity depending upon the TT in question. Some TT's may not exhibit this characteristic at all, if certain conditions are present.

I'm not sure why your speed changes only when you touch the platter or bearing structure. That's a new one on me. Maybe you are low on oil.
Seems to be much more stable now. Is it possible the PSU needed to warm-up to stabalize? I just got it, and posted within 3 hours of using it. Anyone, TWL?