Isolation platform for non suspended turntable?

I am currently using an SME 10 turntable on the top tier shelf of a Sanus System CF-5 component rack. I have heard recommendations for the Townshend seismic sink, Bright Star Audio componenets (e.g. Air mass 3 in conjunction with a BIG ROCK,), and Symposium Ultra isolation platform. I also hear the Sound of Silence products are very good but are a little pricey. Do any of the Audiogon members have any suggestions/recommendations?
chuckaolcom
Try the Gingko Audio Cloud 10 or Cloud 11 Isolation Platforms. They have a great price/performance ratio. See the review in the Nov isuue of stereophile.
Dan
Hi Chuck,

It is important to keep in mind that vibration that affects turntables (and all other components) does not only come up through the rack from the floor. The most effective vibration control product will not only provide a barier to floor-borne vibration but will also have the ability to absorb and dissipate unwanted vibration out of the turntable's chassis that has been created inside the turntable by the spinning motor and platter and has traveled directly through the air from the speakers towards the turntable's outer chassis. Most vibration control products only have the ability to deal with floor-borne vibration and the majority of those are limited in their ability to do even that effectively.

It is also critical that the vibration control product not add its own contribution to the signal flowing through the comoponent. Vibration control products that are constructed from materials that ring (stone, metal, glass, etc.) or materials that resonate (wood, acrylic, plexiglas, plastic, etc.) should be avoided.

Best Regards,

Barry Kohan

Disclaimer: I am a manufacturer of vibration control products.
I have been using one of Barry Kohan's Bright Star Gemini isolation platforms under my VPI TNT for the last four+ years. It has been an excellent performer. My room is not an easy one from an isolation standpoint, as I have a full range, high-powered system in a room with a suspended wood floor and a DIY rack that does not itself provide much in the way of isolation. (I'm working on the rack part.)

I had significant feedback problems with my analog rig before I installed the Bright Star Gemini isolation base. The Gemini isolation base seemingly cured all the noise feedback problems, and I have been content with the Bright Star base ever since. (Unfortunately, however, I will have to move on to a new base whenever I finally decide to pull the trigger on upgrading my TNT to include the flywheel, as that will cause me to outgrow my current base.)

I am also using the Silent Running Audio custom isolation bases under my amps, and I am VERY impressed with their performance. So I would put in a vote of confidence for the SRA products as well.
Vibration control products that are constructed from materials that ring (stone, metal, glass, etc.) or materials that resonate (wood, acrylic, plexiglas, plastic, etc.) should be avoided.

What does that leave? :-)