300 disk W/ outboard DAC or single play W good dac

Hello everyone. I am going to be buying a new CDP sometime soon and i have been thinking of buying either a sigle play Cambridge Audio D300 or a NAD C521 which are bolth exceptional players, Or trying something like a sony 300 disk player with an outborad DAC. I dont really want to spend more than $275 on this and i dunno how much good DAC's cost. What would you suggest? Any other players to look at?

The rest of my system is:
NAD C-370 amp
JBL ND310 speakers
Clarity Wires "foxfore" IC

Thank you
haoleb
If you go used, a Cambridge Audio D500SE is in your price range. It is a huge improvement over the older model HK I changer I used previously. If you own an old CDP with a digital out, you might consider an ART DI/O DAC. You can get one used here or new on the Internet for $200 or less plus the cost of cables and adapters. Requires the CDP have a BNC or RCA digital out. I now have that in my main system connected to a Sony DVP-S7700. Much better sound than the DVPs DACs. I don't know how it compares with the MSB, Datastream, or other DACs I have seen here in that price range.
Right now i have a Teac pd-d2750 5 disk player i bought at costco for 90 dollars. I think i might go for just a cdp and forget about the dac thing. they seem kna pricy when i could just get something like the nad which has Burr-Brown sigma delta 20 bit. or maybe i could splurge and get the C541 which also plays HDCD's for a hundred or so more.
If it were my money, I would spend an extra $25 and get the Cambridge Audio D-500SE listed in the classified section of this site. The buyer is "asking" $300. Of course, being an "audio cheapskate", I would offer $300, shipping included!

TIC
I have another option. Buy the AMC CD8B from AudioAdvisor for $199. They have a fantastic return policy, so if it doesn't meet your needs, send it back within 30 days for a full refund. I read the reviews on AudioReview, and it seems like a good candidate for a budget system.

TIC
Your source is the last place you want to cheap out on.Save your money till you can buy a used unit for 500.00 stay away from a 300 changer or you will be doomed to lo fi for the rest of you life.
The source is your most important component.