If it were you, which non-Sony SACD?

I have a modified Sony. It's OK, but not great. I have been considering the following choices, but am not wedded to them:
Music Hall Maverick
Shanling T200
Xindak
Used SCD1 (OK, so there is a Sony in the list)
or....?

As much as I like like and use vinyl, I do want to broaden my digital experiences. I also want SACD capability along with competent Redbook quality. The used SCD1 is probably at the top of my expense tolerance.
slipknot1
I agree with 84audio:

Buy a used Marantz SA-14 (or new if you can find one). It was a steal, even at the new price. The main tweek is placing it on a Neuance platform.

Richard

Slip what sony do you have? Did you have the tube output
stage,dac upgrade and parts, with volume control,I have
the Sony 9000es, this cd player is so musical, hard
to beat especially in SACD mode, redbook is good too.
Jayctoy,
I currently have a Matt Anker modified NS500. I had the Black Gate/Wordclock/Power supply shielding upgrade done for 2 channel only. It has made it a good machine for what it is (200.00 + 300.00 in mods), but not up to the level of the rest of my setup IMHO

I do think the 777ES, SCD1 are great units, I also have to believe there are others as well. One of the reasons I was curious about the Music Hall Maverick, is it appears as though it is a rebadged Shanling, with very good build quality and aesthetics. I am still using an old Music Hall CD32 in another system. The Maverick seems to offer a lot at a reasonable price, while still having an upgrade path.
I have also liked what I have heard of the Marantz SA14 and SA1, but they are hard to find. Most of my listening is to LP's, but I want my CD/SACD to be equal to the task too.
Slipknot,

I have the Sony SCD333ES which I had modified by Dan Wright.
If you can still get him to do the mods I think it out performs the 777ES by a slight margin. Not anything in this price range that beats it that I have heard. I would consider the Audio Aero Prima and obviously the Capitole if it is anywhere near your range. Thinking about them myself.