Worst remote nomination...

I wish to nominate the remote to my Wadia 861xi CDP as the worst of a large number of remotes I have lying around the house. The little buttons are irrationally located, have obscure labels, and need to be pushed just so to get them to work. On top of that, it practically takes a sniper scope to get it pointed so it will operate the player from just ten feet away. What were they thinking?

Sorry, just had to vent.

Anyone else have remotes they love to hate?
the_smokester
Mezmo wrote:
>>So I've got the lights dimmed to watch a movie (main outs running from the HT receiver into Line 2 on the preamp to integrate the two systems, with volume dialed in at 0 gain on the pre) and I, not surprisingly, want to dim the display on the pre -- viola, the reciever is muted.<<

I was wondering why you don't use the SSP input on the Line 2 since this is the HT bypass function? It esentially puts the Line 2 to "sleep" so you won't get all of the weirdness that your experiencing with your setup.
Oops, I read Line 2 as a model number NOT the function label. Never mind. My bad.
Purchase a home theater master remote for $300 on the internet. It will solve all your problems. I have one remote with amazing buttons, backlighting, full programability w. macros and works all over the house as it is both IR & RF bassed. You will love it.
The remote on my Onkyo DVD player is abysmal.

I recently auditioned the Muse UDP and its remote is ridiculous. About 50 tiny buttons, all the same size.
Interesting to see the old odometer slowly rack up on this thread. I hope the manufacturers are reading it...The remotes you love to hate.