Results from Beta Testers of New Formulas

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to post the results of your testing of the 2-step formulas. Thank you.

Best regards,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin
REGARDING GRAIN ALCOHOL (VODKA)

This is a subject I've discussed with Duane Goldman (a/k/a the Disc Doctor) a couple times. 100% pure, 200 proof grain alcohol (ethyl alcohol) is a good cleaner. However, Duane says that vodkas have numerous impurities which may not be safe for vinyl. (All vodka sold in the U.S. is charcoal filtered. Perhaps some of the impurities are carbons and hydrocarbons from the charcoal?)

Bottom line: using vodka on your vinyl may not be a very good idea.

Best regards,
Paul

Haven't received my sample of the cleaning fluid yet. Hope I'm still on the list to get some. Best, Dave Pogue
Hi Dave,

The last group of samples were mailed out on Thursday or Friday of last week, so you should be receiving your samples soon. If they don't show up by Thursday, please let me know, and I'll re-ship samples to you. Thanks for your interest and I look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Paul
Hi, Paul. Just received it, and realized that all my records (anything I care to listen to, at least) are pretty darn clean already. Need to hit a used record store to pick up some candidates, I'll report back. Thanks, Dave
Dopogue,
Play one of those "pretty darn clean records", then clean it with Paul's two-step (kind of sounds like a dance), and play it again. I've been cleaning my very clean records with this stuff and am hearing a big improvement. Like you, I also just picked up some used and dirty LP's to test with this stuff, and am anxious to see how it does on records that have not been well cleaned prior to this.