Best DVD/CD Player to buy

I am looking to upgrade my cd transport. I also watch movies through my system with a stereo VCR. I'm thinking of buying a DVD player for movies, but want a decent cd playback. Can I get both in one? Any recommendations? I'm looking for something under 1500 if possible.

Thanks, Jeff
jbecker
If you do find Arcam to suit your needs check out this web site for great deals on the fmjdv27 and the dv88
http://www.aslgroup.com/audiophile/nearlyperfect.htm
I owned a sony 7700 and a friend has a 9000es would take either Arcam over the sonys in a second. better sound quality and superior picture quality on the fmjdv 27. good luck
With a $ 1,500.00 budget, now is the time to wait patiently for a used Cary CD303 to pop up on the market. You will be amazed at the sound! Good Luck, Mike.
I would second the EAD. Had the TOSH and the SONY. The TVP picture is almost 3D and the audio is fantastic.

Tim
Sean - Oops, I meant the Cal Delta
Sorry, Greek is a tough language for an old man!
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. It seems I have some auditioning to do. Do any of the above players have a digital output so I can use my DAC? Is this possible with CD/DVD players?