FIM Gold: Flexible Alternatives.

I have tried so many hi-end and some ultra expensive power cords over the last few years. They all had their strong points but none never seemed to justify their price. Most lowered the noise floor others hi-lited parts of the frequency response etc. But nothing made me stop and say "WoooooooooW, now that is a big difference that is undeniably better in terms of micro-macro dynamics, apparent super speeding up the presentation (sort of like going from conventional dynamic speakers to the Avantgard Duos (you know what I mean if you have heard those horns properly set up)" when I hooked FIM Gold Power Cords to my amp and preamp.

BUT....they are the biggest pains in the behind to work with. Like bending a relatively thick, solid metal rod. If you used them you know what I am talking about. Has anyone done extensive comparisons to other cords and come up with alternatives that bring the same level of musicality (blinding speed, power, black noise floor etc). I have used these cords with a variety of equipment and they always do their trick. Otherwise I would not put up with their Ironman ways. These are incredible incredible cords and will keep them unless there are REAL alternatives.
nanderson
if you're gonna' start a thread, best read the responses thereto before posting a stupid "all's well that ends well" as an intended "capper."

-cfb
A related question for the die hard FIM fans...

I have Rowland model 12 monos.

It has been recommended that the ultimate match up is the FIM Gold PC w/ the Rowland amps.

What is your feeling about IC's and sprk cables...are you loyal to FIM's other cables in addition to the power cables?
Probably just me but I don't get anything meaningful to consider from sweeping statements that cord X "outperforms" cord Y without thoughtful specifics anymore than someone telling me to get car X since it outperforms car Y without telling the "how". Without details I don't know if the power cord or whatever piece of equipment deals with the part of the audio "improvement" I or somebody else may be looking for or if ....?

Cornfed I have no idea what you are talking about but maybe that is the idea. I am super busy now and just wanted to get some initial thoughts during the time I had to devote to this. I only considered the feedback that states specifics, read past sweeping "outperforms statements" (what does that mean anyway without specifics), and looked for responses that dealt with the elements, for me, are the most important (as detailed in my priorities for a power cord at the beginning of the thread). On balance for my priorities it looks like I better stay with what I got. Please don't tell me what I can or can not write. I find it offensive and non-productive. I suspect this may launch up another "well let me tell you sort of thing" but I don't have time for it but if you must go ahead but don't count on my participation (sorry).

Again thanks for the several responses.
The FIM Gold, now Cable Research Labs Gold, is the micro dynamic champ. Period. It also is great at macro dynamics and transient response.