Wadia, Audio Aero, Meridian, BAT and BOW

Hi,

i have a Wadia 860 and was considering upgrading to the Wadia 861.

But i could also sell the 860 and buy either the Meridian 588, BAT Vk-D5 SE, the Audio Aero Capitole CDP or the BOW Wizard.

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the above players, and say which ones they would prefer and why.

Cheers
Xav
badwisdom
Redkiwi,

Like Hawaiikid, I too own an EMC-1, and am debating whether to upgrade it with the new 24/192 dac, or go in another direction with either the Audio Aero Capitole or Res Audio CD55.

Since Gregm has bestowed the title of Phd on you in this area, what would you do if you were in the same situation today? Would I be better off selling the EMC? I might be able to get between $2,200 & $2,400. The upgrade would cost another $1,000. Should I put this $ towards either the Audio Aero or CD55.

BTW, how much does the CD55 retail for?

Thanks
I have never heared anything better than the Audio Aero Capitol 24/192 but I have not auditioned the Wadia 861. The Capitol in is another class than the EMC mk. I. Have not auditioned the mk. II.
What makes the Captitol so great is that it makes the music flow and everything is just there with ease, but not to fat og tubey, which the original version had a bit of.
Try it!
Sorry Ken1. Gregm was referring to my obsessive hunt for the secrets to vibration isolation, not my knowledge of CD players. I have not heard the EMC-1, but do own both the Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 and the Res Audio CD55. Both are just great for building a system around. All the detail is there and you can extract it with the rest of your system if you get it right, but the key thing is both players do it without any nastiness that has to be covered over.

At full retail in the US (where I don't live) the CD55 is much cheaper. Elsewhere the comparison on price is much closer and the Audio Aero is a wee bit better overall. But the difference is not large and I think I would be inclined to recommend the CD55 and put the dollar difference elsewhere in your system. Having said that I would hate to give up my Capitole. Your choice.
Badwisdom,
A dear audiophile friend of mine recently ordered his Capitole 24/192 unit directly fromthe factory and as we live in India, the fac export price that was quoted was $2800. I know this may sound crazy but it is a fact that I can share. Makes me want to place an order for one very soon!
$2800 sounds incredibly cheap !!

I just paid $4000 for mine and i live in the country its built in..... i think you should check with your friend, i highly doubt that is the correct quoted price.