would you bother?

hey all.i am considering getting into vinyl but don't own a single lp.if it was you in this position would you bother or not?
dicobrazil
ARs have the best isolation on the business. Sorry, Linn owners, Linn having one of the worst. Otherwise, wall mounts do work - even in drywall - for a lot less than a thousand bucks. Then there's your friendly neighborhood stud-finder. Let's face it, all this talk of the great inconvenience of LP playing is nothing more than a witch-hunt, and rationalisation for making the mistake of selling all those LPs years ago. Ooo, you have to get off your ass twice instead of once when playing an album. As for ticks and pops, there are quiet stylus and noisy ones, better tonearms and worse ones, phono stages which highlight noise and ones which don't. As always, some thinking and listening is required. And the payoff is blessed music, not some computer-chip approximation. What's more, the level of involvement is fun and rewarding, the LP jackets so much cooler and more fun to discover and collect. Each new cartridge has the quality of a fine new wine, something to look forward to and savour...CD players?
With my CD/SACD player, I savor Coltrane, Monk, Miles, Diz.....no needle scraping dust out of the grooves, no clicks and pops, no obsessive compulsive rituals in the constant fight against dust and scratches...just music.
Sorry Rsbeck,

Digital is just information, not music. :) I do still use my ceedee player from time to time. It helps remind me just how good my $1700 analog front end sounds.
One thing for sure, music still raises the passions, which is precisely as it should be. In the interest of rhymes, go LP!