Burn in power cord by boiling water??

A Hi-Fi dealer the other day told me that in order to burn in and smoothen out a new power cord, I should get my wife to use it on the kettle to boil water (Rather sexist remark, I know). The theory is that kettles draw a lot more current than hi-fi equipment. He further advised not to do it more than 3 times.

Just a bit worried that the wife might not want to return the power cord after she discovers that her coffee tastes a lot better by using it.

Any opinions on this?
lohkkw51e5
Cp..,
Nice idea but not for burn-in...
Actually if we freeze cables they will greatly improve conductance i.e. kind-a get close to super-conductance!
So if we take ordinary wires and build freezers arround them we actually can get away cheaper than mega-priced Nirvanas or Nordost indeed!
we were discussing this issue with Bob Crump, & decided that drawing more breakin current than will be used in the atucal application probably isn't going to have much of an advantageous effect.
I use one of Ernie's reverse cheater cords w\ the refrigerator as load & have found that works fine.
My battery powered car gets its power via Powerburst power cord. Its like using higher octane gas: 5 more hp and 3 more mpg or kw... whichever.
Audio PCs should never be used to boil water.

Great Music is always cool like a mountain stream.

Burning in a PCs is like a finding a good women, it takes time.

Don't waste energy making heat.

Just plug it in, play some music and let things happen.