Well Tempered or Teres .....

After much deliberation, I have narrowed my choices down to either the Well Tempered Classic (used, round motor) or the Teres.

My preferences for my new table are a black background as silent as possible, and dynamics along with musicality.

My thoughts on arms for the Teres --- well Just like eating an elephant, one bite at a time, but maybe ET2 or Clearaudio Unify, but I will probably start with a modded Rega 250 in order to put some monies into the 300B amp fund.

I listen to a variety of music: Blues, Classic Rock, Alternative, Female vocals, piano. (not in any particular order.)

As Far as the Teres models, I am leaning toward the Teres with the cocobolo base, because I know that if I went with the acrylic base I would always kick myself for not waiting for the Cocobolo model.

So.....

Input is appreciated as to thoughts between the WT & the Teres cocobolo base table,and of course the facts and reasons behind those thoughts.

Just for kicks, how about the same question regarding the acrylic base Teres and the WT.

Thanks for the input.

128x128focusedfx
If you need an arm, get a Schroeder - you might wait six months, but it will be worth it. I have Schroeder Model 2 on my Platine Verdier with an Allaerts MC1B (also have a Hadcock GH228 - very underrated arm- and Decca London Gold).

The Schroeder arms deserve their rave reviews. Frank Schroeder makes 3 arms - the Model 2, Model 1 and Reference. The Model 2 gives you most, but not all of the quality of the Reference at about 1/3 of the cost (in the UK about 1000GBP). The Allaerts pickups also have a cult following. Jan Allaerts only makes 70 cartridges a year. The combo has fantastic deep and wide soundstaging, a refined top end and midrange and is transparent. Sure it doesn't quite have the slam of my Decca London Gold, but what does. I listen to an eclectic mix of music. In small groups, or with piano sonatas, I feel like I'm in the front row.

rest of my kit
Verdier Control B tube pre-amp with tube PSU
Quad IIs
Avantgarde Duo Horns
Musical Fidelity, and PHY-HP i/cs
QED Genesis silver spkr cables
Richard,
It looks like you're going to be VERY broke. I wouldn't count on that hearse, more like a donkey cart! ;)

Steve,
I am currently bedeviled by a trace of inner groove distortion. Try as I will I cannot quite eliminate it, despite multiple cartride realignments and fiddling with every adjustment known to analog man.

I presume your ET2 is immune to that little problem. Have you ever had another arm on the same table as your ET2? Can you compare the sonics? I don't want give up bass, dynamics or transient speed (or anything!) just to solve the inner groove problem.
Doug,

Donkey cart, then so be it! I will have a Cocobolo based Teres....

tick tick tick, the countdown is on-- just need a lil mo' time :) (1.5 months and counting)

I'm gonna be joinin' the fold---

R~
Another vote for Teres. Buy the best model (definitely Cocbolo) you can get. The 340 is awesome and has extremely quite / black background and fabulous sound.
Graham 2.2 is a great match for the Teres and easy to adjust.