Bel Canto 1.1 - Convince Me.

What are the sonic differences between the 1.0 and 1.1 version of the Bel Canto DAC? I have been using the 1.0 for a while now and am wondering if I would like the sound of the 1.1 more. I have heard that the upgrade is around $150 and would like to confirm this as well. I realize that I could just call Chad at BC for this info, but am really interested in user's (such as myself) opinions.
128x128dekay
Without getting too technical, what advantage does 192 up sampling have when one is playing back standard (Redbook) CD's? I mean, does it effect the playback of this type of software?
Standard CD format (redbook) is 16bit/44khz data, BC and others increase this data to 24bit/96 khz by upsampling standard CD which when done right with proper technology/design sounds much better and more natural than 16/44 ever could. New chips are now available which allow designs of 24bit/192khz and higher which may give even better sound if designed properly.

For instance MSB Link Dac offers 192khz upgrade now, and their top of the line Platinum Dac has 46/384 upsampling!
This is just one aspect though of how good a DAC can sound,
if you read the FAQ and white papers at BC website they describe other important considerations to acheive great sound.
Chad no longer works at BCD. The upgrade costs $150 and includes return shipping. Turn around time is about a week. The sonic improvements are primarily in dynamics, micro and macro. This upgrade includes bigger and much higher quality transformers. You can contact me, Craig Bleeker 612-317-4554
Megasam: Mathematecally, both upsampling and over sampling is the same (identical). in practice, upsampling is done in separate chip whereas oversampling is done within digital filter. All arguments is where interpolation (which is another way of "cheating"0 and noise ditching is better (better for sound, for profit I don't know) Now, total sampling rate is equal in CD to 44.1kHz x upsampling x oversampling. Thus, MSB Platinum upsampling data by itself without oversampling data is incomplete answer. Just listen, if platinum is to your liking its doing something good. Happy Listening