shielded cables & IC's or not?

I have a noderately high end system with electrostatic hi-bred Prodigy speakers, Solid State equipment- ML336/ML380s/ML390s and Magnum Dynalab FM Tuner all equipment on glass shelves on rack behind one speaker. I live in San Antonio Texas (large city of over 1 mil.)and plug my system directly into the wall (110v). I am using top of the line Monster cable M2.4 and mid line interconnects by monster thinking to upgrade cables. Which type of cable should I consider shielded or not?
electrostaticman
I agree with Bruiserwy. Don't let living in a large city stop you from getting unshielded. IME RFI has to be quite severe before shielded IC sounds better than unshielded. If I were in your shoes I'd just get used, unshielded IC. In the unlikely event that they are noisy, just sell them.
i like unshielded cables too. But no one has mentioned long runs. i have never had problems with short run ics but the long runs end up being a problem. 20 foot cables will usually bring in a radio station.

fwiw

Jim
Shielded speaker cables are a bad idea IMO. Shielding only adds unneccesary capacitance. With the low output impedance of power amps, there is really not much concern of RFI being picked-up.

As for IC's, this is system and location dependent. The great majority of my customers have found that unsheilded IC's work great for them. As long as the IC's are not put directly in contact with power cords etc., there should not be a noise problem.