Which Sony dvd playr is a good CD playr

Greetings,
Which Sony DVD player is also known/thought to be also a good CD Player and/or CD Transport? If used as a transport, which DAC's do you recommend? Will the Sony o/p 24/96 digital so that it could be upsampled?
Thanks & Good Listening!
soundsgr8tome
The S9000 (the SACD one) will output a 24/96 signal from its digital out, I believe--check the many posts on this unit, it has gotten a lot of good feedback. And you get SACD too. Your last question is a little confusing--for a signal to be "upsampled" to 24/96, all you need is a regular 16/44 digital output. I assumed that what you were asking was if the player could output a 24/96 signal on a disc that would permit that information to be passed (and most if not all DVD-A discs, as opposed to the Chesky and Classic DADs, will not permit that signal to be passed through the digital out) to a 24/96 DAC. Anyway, check the other threads on this unit to see what others think of the 9000 as a CD player and a transport. My recollection is that a decent DAC like the MSB would be an improvement over the standard Sony analog stage in the unit, but that's what you'd expect given the Sony's price point.
I concur with the S9000ES. The 7000 and 7700 have a decent CD sound, but they're a step below the 9000. From there, the step falls rapidly.