Assemblage 3.1 or MSB platinum

Have heard the platinum in a friend's system, but am unable to audition the 3.1 unless I buy one. Maybe that's what I'll have to do. Was hoping someone could give me an idea of how the 3.1 compares to the best out there, and if possible to the msb platinum. Thanks.
soupcon
great post smglaw.The Assemblage product suffers from lack of brand name recognition.I dont know if people really know the connection to Sonic Frontiers and that the product is desingned using some of the best parts available.when you get it assembled it rivals the best of whats out there.
Thanks guys. Guess I'm going to order myself a 3.1 platinum. Did you feel the d2d-1 was a substantial upgrade? My understanding is that it doesn't actually re-dither to a 24 bit word length, because it doesn't have dsp.
I guess I should've asked if either of you have had the chance to hear the d2d-1. If not, what are your thoughts?
I think that so far, the D2D-1 is a good value. It does not do all the software stuff that the P-1A aspires to, but I hear a noticable improvement with it. It's a dependable and predictable upgrade and very well constructed. However,it does not support RCA digital I/O without a BNC adapter - I am not sure how badly the adapter degrades the signal. Be sure to get the I2Se interface if pairing with a 3 series DAC. While TPC has a standard $100 off special when purchased with their DAC, they also have a moving sale going on this weekend, and they've been known to cut some generous deals on packages.
The Saturday sale Sat March 17 is a good time to buy gear.I live five minutes from the factory and will be there to see what goodies are up for grabs.Call and ask for Frank he will cut you a good deal.