Resonant Frequency

There is a discussion on cartridge resonant frequency on Vinyl Engine right now.Do the knowledgable members of this forum have ideas as to what is an optimal figure? It is suggested that 10hz is O.K but other figures of around 12hz or even as high as 14hz have been suggested as to what to aim for.Should I be happy with an Rega RB 250 with Origin structural mod,using an Ortofon cartridge, that I have calculated to have a resonance around 11hz?stefanl
stefanl
How does one download these files in the Vinyl Engine - I right click on the HTML file description and get instructions...HELP - I remember having this issue a year or so ago and still the same thing. Using IExplorer
I have tried a little bit of tweaking with Blu-Tac on top of the cartridge on my Ariston arm.Some possible improvement in sound-staging ocurred, but is this the right place to put it.Anyway I was only estimating the arm's effective mass at 23g giving about 9hz resonance.Is this correct? That is the figure Jelco gave me for their "curved" 250 arm and I am using the straight arm which looks very similar.Also I would like to know if you can stay with the recommended tracking-force or play it by ear to start?stefanl
I probably misinterpreted what I was aiming for in the last post,but I thought some added weight might be interesting.I think the straight Jelco arm is possibly much lighter than its "curved" cousin.I would really like to know its effective weight.The experiment failed as it was really too "bassy".What would a Graham 2.2 arm with a Koetsu Urishi mounted in a Linn Sondek sound like?Stefanl
23 g for the arm plus 2 g for the bolting plus 6 g for the cartridge makes a total effective mass of 31 g. When you plan to reach this 9 Hz, what dynamic compliance did you enter in the calculations? Can you supply some fixed points on this?