Goldring 1042 or Rega Exact

I currently own a Rega Planar 3 turntable with a Rega Elys cartridge. It sounds okay, but my digital front end (CAL Delta transport and Musical Fidelity A324) kills it. I am thinking of changing the cartridge, and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Goldring 1042 or Rega Exact. I am leaning towards the Exact for obvious reasons (i.e., Rega, Rega) but have read good things about the 1042. Feedback from any 1042 or Exact owners is appreciated.

As a side question, I am thinking of purchasing one of these two cartridges from Hong Kong suppliers here on Audiogon. Their feedback is extremely positive. Has anybody had a bad experience with purchasing over seas that I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your input, and Happy Thanksgiving.
mmowry
While Psychicanimal is 100% correct, it's possible Mmowry may not have funds available for a TT at this time. If that's the case I can't imagine any TT, new or used, that would significantly better a P3 for the price of a G1042 or Exact.

His four year old cartridge may be due for replacement, depending on how many hours he has on it. If that's the case he should replace it before it starts damaging his vinyl. I have no experience with cartridges like these so I can't advise as well as you guys have.

If he's just seeking better sound and has only a few hundred to spend, upgrading his RB300 with a VTA collar, better wire, new end stub and new counterweight might give him more bang-for-buck than a different cartridge.
Dougdecan - Thanks for the response. Upgrading my turntable is not so much a funding issue as it is the fact that I have a wife. For the most part, I try to keep my audio purchases under the radar anymore (i.e., few hundred dollars here or there).

I was hoping to purchase a 1042 locally (although nobody seems to stock this cartridge in the Seattle area) and possibly purchase the Exact through Audiogon or Ebay. My Rega dealer suggested I purchase a Benz Micro Ace, but the cost of this cartridge is not under the radar. By the way, my Elys is about a year old. I previously was using a Sumiko Blue Point on my Rega.

I have also thought about doing the tone arm upgrades you suggested, but thought I would start with the cartridge. I also need to upgrade my phono stage at some point (Creek OHB-8SE).
You have no business having a wife in this hobby. Perhaps the "diamond for you, toy for me" approach is in order. :)