bi wire or not to bi wire

I only have 1 set of biwire cables and 1 set of non bi wire cables so I cant do extensive listening tests. But to o my ears my Usher speakers loose of bit of bass when I bi wire, but thats about it. What are the other potential advantages or disadvantages to bi wiring? Thanks.
tbromgard
It's very speaker dependent. Some speakers show little or no improvement with bi-wiring. I've read Vandersteen's respond to bi-wiring.
With my Polk LSi9's the improvement is huge. The speakers open up greatly with a larger, more detailed midrange. The transition from bass to midrange is enhanced. Lateral soundstaging and front to back depth are better rendered. This speaker goes from good mid-fi to a real high-end stand mount monitor.
Try it!
Try one set of bi wires on one speaker and a set of single wires on the other in mono stereo and use the balance switch to hear if there is enough difference or any. Kr4, if this is a waste of YOUR space please move on if you have nothing to contribute. People that are interested have a right to learn.