Cartridge for Rega planar 2

Ok, so maybe my last post had too specific a heading. I'm looking to replace a pretty well used up Rega Super Bias on my Planar 2/RB250. Naim Nait3 amp w/MM phono board, extremely fact and revealing speakers. I'd like to (well, have to) stay in the
Also, the TT needs a general tightening and probably a new belt. Can I do this myself? How? (I'm pretty risk averse).

Advice?

Thanks!
RNM
rnm4
I think the Denon is an MC, no?

I just found an allegedly new Dynavector 10x5 on ebay, for $215, from a guy who also advertizes on the 'gon -- named Juki. How about that? BTW, the dealer I bought the Nait from seems to think that it can handle a high output MC.

Also, there's a Goldring 1006 available for much less $. How about it?

Thanks very very much for your input. Eventually, I'm going to have to come to a decision, cause this is taking up way too much of my time!

RNM
You'll find people selling the Rega cartridges either new or nearly new on Agon for quite cheap. I have a super bias on my P3 and I quite like it ... it's not too bright and quite natural sounding. I'd be tempted to find an elys or super elys.

Had a friend who switched to goldring (though I don't know which one) and said that the sound was bright and lacking in bass compared to the rega.

I think that the moral is that if you can live with the rega perhaps get a new rega cart. else demo a cartridge since those that are "better" may not necessarily be to your taste.
Hi,

I ran a BPS through my 42.5 w/ MM card/Hicap/110 and was very satisfied. I'm certain there are better MC cartridges for the same money and I do urge you to get a moving coil. I just offered this for your information since you are using Naim gear.

Patrick
I second the consideration of a Dynevector. I have a 10x4MkII (which has recently been replaced by the 10x5) on my Planar 3. It is a very nice sounding cartridge and can be picked up reasonably. While it is a high output MC, I have used it through the phono section of a Denon receiver, without any problems. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Well, you caught me. I thought the DL160 was an MM cartridge, but it is a high output MC.

Since your dealer seems to think the Nait 3 will take the high output MC cartridges, and 2juki has the Dynavector for $215, I think that is a good choice. The DL160 is also a good cartridge that many like. I guess I should have said that I prefer the DL103 series low output MC line in the Denon brand best.

About the 1006, it is about the bottom of the useable Goldring lineup. Not bad, but not as good as the others.