Phonostage question ...

Now that I have made my decision on a new analog set-up, (Avid Volvare, Tri-Planar arm, Helicon cart), to replace my Nottingham Interspace w/Dynavector Karat, I was thinking wheather I should consider upgrading my Rogue Stealth phonostage.

I've got a Rogue amp/pre and the synergy works well with the Stealth and Interspace. I've yet to try it with the new stuff (which is coming). I don't have an opportunity to audition phonostages.

Now that I've entered a higher level, what should I think of phonostage wise? Is the reward worth the $$$? Should I stick with the Rogue? Thanks for any ideas.
richardmr
My advice is to try it out for a couple of weeks with your Rogue. If after that you feel the Rogue is lacking something, then you can always upgrade. You can then look for a phono stage that addresses your current phono stages weaknesses. This will also allow you get a good feel for the differences between your existing Rogue phono stage and a potential phono stage, as you will probably have both in your system for a bit before you sell the one that you like the least. (And, if you buy used equipment, you can typically try out said equipment for a couple of weeks for only the cost of shipping, as you should be able to resell it for about the same cost, or sometimes slightly more if you are a shrewd buyer!)

My 2 cents worth anyway. (This is my standard method of upgrading components in my system).
Thanks Kurt. My quandry is how do I know the Rogue will lack something worthy of purchasing something else? Your idea of buying, testing and reselling is a good one but I admit that's a lot of work just to demo. I've done it but it's not my strength.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what percent of ones analog budget should be devoted to a phonostage? Is there a certain price point where a phonostage is worthy of a high end (10k retail) system?