Is "The Audio Critic" magazine still around?

What are your opinions regarding that publication?
herve1
the only copy i ever read of that magazine was poor at best. the writer stated that their is no sonic difference between one 500 watt ss amp and another 500 watt ss amp. he was reviewing a mc-500 mac. if that was true this website and this hobby would not exist. i still have that copy if anyone wants some info out of it.
"Objective" and Peter Aczel in the same sentence ??? Try telling that one to someone that buys ocean-front property in Kansas. Two words: Fourier Loudspeakers. Sean
>
Is there still "a sucker born every minute"? Mr. Aczel does P.T. Barnum proud.
The truth resides closer in what the audio Critc says than what is written in stereopile.
That means I dont agree with waht he says but at least he is not bought and paid for like the twits who write for stereopile.
Sean is referring to a very old issue, that Aczel started a speaker company and then wrote an article about his speakers for the magazine. This story has taken on a good deal of embellishment over the years--alleging that he did not reveal his interest in the speaker and passed the article off as an objective review. Neither of those allegations is true.

Aczel is the worst kind of sinner: a former true believer who renounced the faith. No wonder he engenders so much animosity. You either love him or you hate him.