What happened?

I recently added new speakers, (Kharma 3.2's) to my system, and for the last 3 weeks have been in audio heaven. Whatever I played, either LP or CD sounded great. I found myself listening to things that I haven't played in years. This weekend, I sat down for a nice long listen, put in a CD and all was well. I put an LP on and the sound was horrible - thin, and bright. Nothing had changed, and as I said the CD sounded as it always had. So the problem has to be in the phono stage - built in MM in Hovland HP-100 preamp - or the cartridge - Clearuadio Virtuoso wood MM. When a cartridge goes is this what happens? It is only about 9 months old, with no more than 1000 hours on it.
Just when everything had finally come together.
Rest of system:
CAT-JL2 amplifier
Hovland HP-100 preamp
Accuphase DP-75V CD player
Kharma 3.2 ceramique speakers
Basis 2001 w/ Graham 2.2 and Clearaudio Virtuoso wood MM cartridge.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
Carl
128x128czapp
BTW:

The following email I have sent out least week:

“Guys,

I have a question to ask. I am experiencing very severe worsening of Sound sense the US” blackout started. The sound (both analog and digital) begins to sound like a chip digital from 70s : VERY harsh upper MF/HF along with a total luck of dynamics. Frankly speaking I spent a LOT of efforts to change tube and do the use audio BS but nothing helped. I assume that the problem somehow connected with the current state of electricity. Perhaps they use some type of auxiliary powers souses the screw everything up. Some of my friends in New England are experiencing the similar results.

I BCCed this email to the people from the different locations within US and Canada and would like you to reply if you find that you experienced the same problem during the last 10 days.

I appreciate your replies.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat"
geez- maybe Romy is on to something. I am here in Toronto, and was ALSO complaining to an audiophile buddy that my system was sounding 'not right' a while ago. Then, I got a BPT 2.5 balanced line conditioner, and things were WAY better with it in the system, but all the same, maybe you are on to something Romy, as I couldn't pin it down either...
Hey Romy
Wow! Not only was I "stupid enough" to buy the Kharma's but what a moron I was to go for the Accuphase too.
Thanks for all that help.
Carl
I'm experiencing the same thing in Florida, however I attribute it to breaking in a new pair of Thiel CS 2.4's (with about 150 hrs. so far). At times I think they are the best thing I've ever heard & at other times it is so fatiguing it runs me out of the room. I hope more hours will take care of this....associated gear:
Pass X250
Pass X2 pre
Cary 306/200
Golden Cross XLR interconnects
Neutral Ref spkr cables (soon to be Golden Cross)

any ideas?
I think it is the tube problem in the preamp or caused by a dieing cartridge.........